Below are frequently asked questions and answers.
Of course you may contact us at any time with any question you may have.
What services can Heart To Heart care givers provide in the home?
- Sitter Services
- Household Services
- Personal Care
- Companion Care
- Disability Care
- Daily Living Activities
What makes Heart To Heart different from other home health care providers?
- We offer a free in-home consultation to assess client needs.
- We have a small staff, allowing clients to have the same caregiver throughout their recoveries, providing more consistent and personal care.
What is the difference between "skilled" and "unskilled" medical care?
- Unskilled, or "non-medical," care typically refers to companion and personal care, dealing with activities such as bathing, grooming, dressing, meal preparation assistance, light housekeeping, and running errands.
- Skilled medical care follows a specific plan of care, under the supervision of a physician, nurse, or thereapist, involving specific services, such as physical occupation, speech, and hospice care.
How long is the wait for services?
- The goal of Heart To Heart is for caregivers to be available within 24 hours if not within the same day that services are requested.
How much do home health care services cost?
- The cost of health care services varies on a case by case basis.
Who pays for home health care?
- Private Insurance
- Workers' Compensation
- Private Pay
When is home health care appropriate?
- Following a hospital stay
- For an illness or injury that does not require hospitalization
- To care for an elderly family member, while recovering from accidents, heart attacks, or strokes